Up close and personal with Florian Wess
Posted on 31 March 2017
For this week’s blog post, we decided to team up with TV personality, Florian Wess for the second time!
After the success of our T-shirt collaboration launch earlier this month, we wanted to give all our #HighClass fans out there, a fun and interesting read! Find out 10 cool things you probably didn’t know about Florian Wess in the following interview!
1. Congrats on coming 3rd place in Jungle Camp 2017!! What was the main reason for going on TV series?
Jungle Camp is definitely considered the Champion League of Reality TV shows and being involved in the entertainment television industry for years now, I always imagined myself being part of it. It was an adventure of a lifetime!
2. What was your big ‘star’ moment when people started to recognise you off the streets?
As I said, being in the business for years has helped me build a pretty good fan-base. Though the Jungle Camp TV series has obviously just increased my awareness and level of recognition.
At the moment it’s a little difficult to even go Shopping without being recognised but that’s all part of the package and i’m truly grateful for my fans!
3. You did a Barbie and Ken cover remix, when did you start DJing?
When I moved to Vienna in 2015, I attended The Pioneer DJ School and trained to become a DJ. I enjoy music and it’s a part of my life. In 2016, I started a 90’s project with GIna-Lisa Lohfink.
It started with a cover version of the ‘Barbie Girl’ by Aqua, which got released as a single. In 2017, we released an entire album including all the best hits that came out in the 90’s. It’s called ‘We love the 90’s’ and we believe it’s a hit!
4. What’s your favourite thing to do when you’re not DJing, being a TV presenter, acting or modelling?
I love working in front of the camera. It’s a lot of fun! Being a moderator is definitely a big deal for me. In 2015, I featured in an international independent film called ‘Timeless’ which actually won an award in LA.
5. Do you sometimes watch back on old Reality TV shows that you’ve played a role in like Big Brother? Or are you the type that prefers not to?
I don’t have the time as I’m always on the road but when a show is running and I happen to have the time, of course! I’ll watch it for sure.
6. Where’s your favourite hang out spot when you’re back home and not working?
In front of the TV!
7. Coffee or tea? Pizza or sushi?
Coffee and Tea but at different times. Pizza yes, sushi no, but if I had to choose it would be Avocado Maki. But of course, all vegan! I’ve been a vegan since 2011!
8. Tell us something about yourself that no one knows ;)
I can’t wrap presents!
9. What was the first Quipster T-shirt you ever bought and from where?
I bought my first Quipster shirt at your Vienna store! I thought the style was cool and casual.
10. How does it feel to have your own Quipster character? And how does it feel when you see people wearing your shirts?
I think it’s absolutely #HighClass!! Seriously! The shirts came out so cool and I get great feedback from my fans.